2014年5月10日土曜日

CALL Literary Reaction Journal 1

Yesterday is History

I. Summary
The poem I chose to summarize and react to Yesterday is History by Emily Dickinson. The type of this poem seems to be lyric poetry because it seems to tell the author's feelings about what is yesterday.

II. Reaction

1. Rhyme
This poem is used the rhyme. For example, I realized one line says "History" and three lines say "Poetry" are involved in rhyme. The other rhyme is six lines say "Today" and eight lines say "away".

2. Imagery
It is for me to think about this poem.  You will probably think that yesterday isn't history because I think history is too old.  But this poem will teach an important yesterday for me.

3. Connotation
The words that used have strong connotation, the author gives the readers thinking. For example,four lines say "Philosophy".  We can think what is yesterday like philosophy.

4. General opinion
When I read this poem, I thought what is yesterday. Then, I felt yesterday is very important. So,we must spend an important day.

4 件のコメント:

  1. Hello,I'm Asumi.
    I had read your Literary Reaction to Yesterday is History,it's very nice!


















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































    返信削除
  2. I agree with the comment about "Yesterday is History". I think this poem has good rhyme. While reading this poem, I feel this poem teach an important yesterday same as your opinion.

    返信削除
  3. I read your comment. Thank you!

    返信削除